The Proper Diabetes Type 2 Diet Recommended Foods When Diagnosed With Diabetes
When you’re diagnosed with diabetes, the doctor will surely advise you to follow an appropriate diabetes type 2 diet. If you want to decrease type II diabetes symptoms and be able to cope with the disease, do as your physician says.
TypeII diabetes is usually found in people older than 40 years of age. It is a disease that makes it hard for the body to turn glucose into energy, thus, affecting the normal functioning of the human body. Below you’ll find out the most common type II diabetes symptoms, and what’s the recommended diabetes type 2 diet for individuals who have been diagnosed with diabetes.
Common Symptoms Of Diabetes Type2
Here are a few of the most common signs that a person has typeII diabetes, and that he or she may have to consult a specialist, who, in turn, will give prescriptions and instructions on the type2 diabetes diet that’s best for the patient:
A. Weight Gain
B. Frequent Thirst and Frequent Hunger Pangs
C. Blurred Eyesight
D. Impaired Healing of Wounds and Cuts
E. Frequent Occurrence Of Fatigue
The Right Diet For Diabetes Patients
Those people who have diabetes and have been experiencing type II diabetes symptoms will have to take medications e.g. insulin shots or insulin pills, as well as follow a strict diabetes type 2 diet. The following are the recommended meals/foods you should take when you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes:
1. Foods that are rich in fiber are really recommended for diabetes type2 patients. Why? Fiber actually helps control the rise in blood glucose levels, thus, being beneficial for people with the above mentioned condition. A type2 diabetes diet, therefore, never has an absence of foods like oatmeal, fresh fruits, oat bran, beans, etc, as they have huge amounts of fiber.
2. Those with type II diabetes symptoms are also advised to eat healthy snacks daily such as crackers, fruits, pretzels, and other foods that have low fat content and that are rich in protein. These kinds of snacks help those diagnosed with diabetes to gain better control over their disease.
3. Your diabetes type 2 diet should also consist of fresh or steamed veggies as they are known to be low in both fat and cholesterol. Recommended vegetables to eat include carrots, broccoli, pumpkin, etc. Fruits should also comprise your type2 diabetes diet, specifically citrus fruits like tomato, watermelon, peaches, oranges, and the likes, as they are rich in Vitamins A and C, which have been proven beneficial to individuals with type II diabetes symptoms.
4. When you have type-2 diabetes, you should also be aware of the importance of eating breakfast. It is, after all, the most important meal, and should be healthy – meaning that your breakfast should always contain fiber, protein, and carbohydrates. Fruits and vegetables usually have all these, so never forget to include them in breakfast dishes.
5. Aside from taking doctor prescribed medications and aside from observing a type2 diabetes diet, remember that it is also a must for you to exercise regularly, and live a healthy lifestyle e.g. do not smoke, avoid drinking alcohol, and so on.
Being diagnosed with diabetes and experiencing type II diabetes symptoms can really be challenging. You can cope with your disease, however, once you take the diabetes type 2 diet seriously, and once you follow your doctor’s prescriptions and advice to the letter.